Poetry.de - das Gedichte-Forum
 kostenlos registrieren Forum durchsuchen Letzte Beiträge

Zurück   Poetry.de > Gedichte-Forum > Internationale Gedichte

Internationale Gedichte Sämtliche nicht-deutschsprachige Gedichte.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen
Alt 08.03.2010, 15:50   #1
männlich moon

Benutzerbild von moon

Standard headlined

suicide-seeing tours
souled out,
time for business
seats in the front row

happy new fear-
less than addiction
again and a gain

sweets to go
for free, dominos
falling off the day
moon ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 21.03.2010, 01:38   #2
männlich movfaltin

Hi muhn,
that really got me. Great puns, and not a bad style of interweaving them.
But: I would rather have the alliteration a bit levelled down (i.e. suicide-watching instead of seeing, watching would imply intention, which, in turn, would fit best into the souled out context (if you are in love with those esses, you might as well take "suicide-stare safaris," etc., albeit I would not like the "stare" in there).
I also like the happy new fear - less stanza; really a gain.
But I feel a bit stuck with that last stanza of yours, the one with those dominoes. In case you mean those German "Dominosteine," there does not seem an English equivalent:
http://dict.leo.org/forum/viewUnsolv...p=ende&lang=en

Less than a diction indeed, hope you're doing fine, cheers,
Mov
movfaltin ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 25.03.2010, 16:15   #3
männlich moon

Benutzerbild von moon

Hey mov,

thanks for your view on this lyrical "pun"ishment of media-hyped issues. Regarding my "s"-capades I really like your "suicide-stare safaris", that's def. an alternative to the first line. Although I like the "suicide(sight)seeing"-pun as well, which was the "fundamental" idea of the whole text. Not sure bout the dominoes-thing (thanks for the correction), I looked it up on dict.cc and found an expression. During my stay in England I heard some people talking bout the "domino-effect" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domino_effect). I'm sure you also got penetrated by the yearly "domino day" tv-event, which was another source of inspiration for this. I used it here for both news and people as (free)dom-inos. Thanks for reading and commenting.

moon
moon ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Lesezeichen für headlined

Themen-Optionen Thema durchsuchen
Thema durchsuchen:

Erweiterte Suche

Sämtliche Gedichte, Geschichten und alle sonstigen Artikel unterliegen dem deutschen Urheberrecht.
Das von den Autoren konkludent eingeräumte Recht zur Veröffentlichung ist Poetry.de vorbehalten.
Veröffentlichungen jedweder Art bedürfen stets einer Genehmigung durch die jeweiligen Autoren.